27 July 2005

Countdown: NZ-0

Only 16 hours until take off, so I thought it would be a good idea to actually put one or two items in a suitcase. Still have to:


  • take car to "safe house" to be looked after over the summer;
  • taking advice from the BBC, work my way through my usual pre-holiday OCD list, which includes..."turn iron off, lock windows and patio doors, check iron again, don't leave TVs on standby, check patio doors, turn iron off..." etc;
  • decide which books to take for the flight... having read Harry Potter and the Tedious Breize Block, I've gone for... this one, this one and this one, which is actually about New Zealand...
  • (discover need to remove 90% of stuff from suitcase to get down to the Singapore Airlines Economy ("Cheap") Class baggage limit of 20kg;)
  • drop a laptop into (old) work and be momentarily grateful that I don't have to see another bloody laptop for five weeks;
  • have lunch at Don Beni's in Crowthorne;
  • get to Crowthorne courtesy of Dave's Taxis, who have already had a coat pick-up to do in Bournemouth this morning;
  • (find Harry Potter book has fallen into suitcase; remove it and all is OK.)
  • worry about whether I locked the doors and, possibly, about whether I turned the iron off;
  • get to Heathrow for about 7pm...

No comments: