02 August 2005

NZ +5: Arrived in Queenstown

The journey to Queenstown took about 8 hours in total, stopping for lunch and regular coffee.

The scenery was just breathtaking. I'll describe it all better when I have time.

I can't share any of it with you at the moment, as the computer I'm on is not equipped with any form of plug to attach a digital camera. It's barely equipped with a keyboard, but a high percentage of the most common letters are here. If I have to write anything in Maori, I've had it. I suspect that might be the case over the next four days, and you will have to wait until the weekend for the slideshow.

We stopped at Mount Cook. Well, at the Mount Cook viewpoint - it was still another 50km away or thereabouts. Again, you will have to wait for photos. But you've probably seen it anyway...

The view from the lodge window is fantastic, as is the view from the bathroom window, which has no blinds. Hence you can shower while looking out over snow capped mountains.

It's actually nothing but snow capped mountains here. But scenery fatigue hasn't set in yet...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving this! It's like being there without the expense and the jetlag.

Keep it up, I'm looking (nearly) every day.

Ian said...

Hi Ann!

Thanks for your comment! I am now in an internet cafe in Queenstown, just about to try and link up digital camera. I might shut down the whole New Zealand IT infrastructure by accident. Wish me luck!

xx